Wednesday, July 8, 2020

A Sweet, Special Surprise

A few weeks ago, my stepdaughter and two of my granddaughters stopped by for a visit.  We hadn't seen each other since March because of our quarantining.  While visiting, Leah presented me with four adorable napkins that she had made as part of her quarantine activities!  I was so pleased by their happy colors and patterns. They reminded of a page in one of my coloring books (while staying at home, I've tried my hand at "adult" coloring pages, and find it a very calming and gratifying activity). I knew I had to produce a tablescape to highlight my new napkins whose colors simply popped off the material when I first saw them!

Here is the napkin that inspired my table:





I  started my table setting with a multi-colored woven placemat that mirrored the colors in my new napkins:



To start my dish stack I began with my open scrollwork chargers from Maryland China Company (check their website for some wonderful unique tableware components!)



Next, as part of my desire to highlight the colors in the napkins,  I added a purple ceramic plate I found when Anna's Linens was liquidating its inventory. ( I truly miss that store!)


For the next component I added a colorful floral-shaped accent plate that I purchased at the Dollar Tree store. I found them in bright orange and bright yellow.



I added a sweet ceramic bowl to use as a salad dish. I found a whole set of these while antiquing.They are marked only "Italy" and a small flower is painted inside them.



I completed my placesetting with a set of orange- handled cutlery I found at Tuesday Morning, and some purple embossed glassware I also found at Tuesday Morning. I almost always have tablescaping luck when I walk through that store!





I started my centerpiece with a yellow and white lattice-patterned runner I bought at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  My white ceramic pitcher filled with daffodils has been on my table since we were in lockdown and I needed a bright spot to see each day!



I flanked my pitcher with a colorful sunflower plate (no markings as far as origin) that I located at a SwapMeet when I first started tablescaping.



I also added a banana-shaped salt and pepper shaker. This is part of a collection of unique salt and pepper shakers my stepdaughter gave me one Christmas. They are each adorable and bring a smile to my face whenever I take them out. I took two pictures so you can see how the banana pieces fit together. Isn't it clever?





I hope everyone is finding their way to a place of comfort during this time of stress.  Please take care and stay healthy. I so look forward to the time when we can resume our normal activities. I have truly learned the meaning of "grateful" and hope to do my best not to take for granted those things I have treasured, and know now could be taken away in a most unexpected way.  My best wishes are with you all.




I'll be joining Susan at www.betweennapsontheporch.net for Tablescape Thursday. Please stop by and enjoy all the wonderful tables that other tablescapers have produced! Thank you, Susan, for giving us a chance to share our love of dishes!

6 comments:

  1. Oh the napkins are adorable Rosie! Of course they commanded a bright and happy tablescape! Love the flower plates and colorful place mats too. So glad you could see family again!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new napkins are so bright and cheery and the table scape you created is, too! So pretty! Yes, these times have been challenging but they have helped many of us appreciate what is really important. I’m glad you finally got to see your family. Stay safe and healthy! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cheerful and fun! The entire setting made me smile and think of giggling lunches in times of old. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a happy looking table. That banana is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosie! That banana set is adorable! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete