Thursday, October 1, 2020

A Welcome Table to Ruby

 Three weeks ago we picked up the newest addition to our family. She is a sweet black lab. We picked her out of a litter when she was 3 weeks old, and have been anxiously awaiting the day when we could bring her home. We have named her Ruby Apolonia of Stanford.  She has lived up to her named because she is a precious gem! She is smart and loving and has taken to training VERY well. She'll even go to the door to signal "it's time!", and readily snuggles down in her crate when it's bedtime. My hubby and I have been "tag teaming" getting up every 2-3 hours during the night to take her outside (this part of the training is the hardest, because we haven't had a full night's rest in three weeks!). We've been told as she gets bigger this schedule should become easier. I felt I just had to honor Ruby with a tablescape to welcome her to the family. 

So, here is table to honor "Ruby": (note the "puppy corral" for naps in the background!)




I started my dish stack with my "ruby colored" chargers:




I then added a new plate set that I bought at HomeGoods (my last purchase there before quarantine!). It is melamine and the maker is Cottenwood Home.  I absolutely LOVE the bright colors and intricate pattern on these plates: there are so many possibilities for other color combinations when setting other tables!



To make the setting a little "extra special" I added a blue glass sherbet glass.



To complete the place setting, I used a red printed cotton napkin and a "leather" studded napkin ring that could represent a dog's collar. (I know I'm stretching the imagination a bit!)



Then I added a "red checked" plastic drinking glass for a less formal feeling:



The final addition to the place setting was my red handled flatware.



Here's the completed place setting:


I started my centerpiece with a blue and white checked table runner. The elements for the centerpiece represent the presence of our new family member.  I started with an overturned metal water dish that acts as a platform for Byer's ChoiceLtd. figurine of a  black lab I had gifted to my husband. The dish is flanked by various toys I "borrowed" from our Ruby this morning: some NylaBones,  her ball "chucker", one of her squeaky chew toys and her braided rope. I "wrapped" the centerpiece with a "hearts of love" garland. Appropriate, no?




So, this is my table to welcome our "Ruby" home!




I'll be joining Susan for Tablescape Thursday at www.betweennapsontheporch.net.  Be sure and take a look at all the wonderful tables! Thank you, Susan, for giving us a forum for our love of this hobby of Tablescaping!












9 comments:

  1. Oh Rosie, how delightful! Your Ruby does sound like a gem, and I admire your energy for keeping up with a lab puppy! And the fact that you honored her with this cute tablescape shows how much you love her! I love all the pet items on the runner, oh how those dogs love tennis balls! Your new melamine plates are so pretty, enjoy!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Jenna! I had fun doing this tablescape, even though I know we'll never use it for eating with all those "well-used" toys in the middle of the table! Ruby watched me the whole time I was raiding her toy stash! Well, that's what happens when you live with a tablescaper. Everything is fair game!

      Delete
  2. I love all the differing patterns which make for a merrily chaotic tablescape; perfect for a bouncy energetic little fur baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Bobbie. I know you know puppies and what we're going through! She sure is a handful, but well worth all the effort. Especially when she stares at us with those puppy eyes and head tilted at just the right angle! I'm sure Liberty has your heart with that stance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Bobbie. I know you know puppies and what we're going through! She sure is a handful, but well worth all the effort. Especially when she stares at us with those puppy eyes and head tilted at just the right angle! I'm sure Liberty has your heart with that stance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosie: Great tribute to your new fur baby. Can't wait to take her for walks. Love all the meaningful objects of puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Karen!I'm sure she'll look forward to the walks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like Ruby has you in the palm of her paws. Cute tablescape. Glad you decided to continue. MB

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a darling table! Ruby is a very good girl and she is so lucky to have landed in such a loving family! I am happy I have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete