Wednesday, April 1, 2020

"March Madness"

Hello, Everyone! I haven't posted since October, and was actually contemplating "hanging up" my tablescaping hobby. I have not lost my love for my treasured china, crystal, linens, etc. , and I still have a wonderful collection that I'm not yet ready to part with. But, I just felt that I had lost my "mojo", if you know what I mean.  Then March, 2020 came around and suddenly NOTHING was the same anymore. Now anxiety and sequestration, and words like pandemic and Covid-19 fill the airways 24-7.  I see my grandchildren via FaceTime and Zoom; even my Chorale Group on Mondays and my Book Club Group have gone High-Tech, and I'm attending Mass online!  I woke up today and decided I had to redirect my attention to something I could understand, and find concrete joy in. And that's when I went to my china closet and found a sense of familiarity and calm.  So, here is a Spring Table for Easter that I hope will find you in safe surroundings and remind us that we are all in this "March Madness" together and we will eventually have our days in the sun and fresh air once again.

Here is the table I created:




Here is how I created it:

I started it with a pink tablecloth I had purchased at Bed, Bath and Beyond last year for our Easter celebration.

My dish stack started with some jadeite chargers I found it in an antique store on one of my first treasure hunts when I first started tablescaping. I LOVE their color and sheen.



Next, I brought out my Butterfly Meadow dinner plates by Lenox. They sing spring and there are three different patterns in the set. They grace my Easter Dinner table each year.






I topped them with an appetizer plate that is also part of the Butterfly Meadow pattern and coordinates with the set.



On the top of these plates is a pink napkin that matches my tablecloth. I have snuggled it in a silver organza napkin to accent my silverplated flatware.  One of my favorite napkin rings for Spring and Summer is my green beaded butterfly! I thought it would accent my green charger. It also was a good choice because of the butterflies that grace my dishes!



The flatware is part of my International Silver set. The Pattern is Heritage and was passed on to me from my dear mother-in-law.




I completed my place setting with my Rogeska goblet and cordial glass. The pattern is called Gallia. I wanted a formal look for my table.




My centerpiece started with a crocheted doily that I found in an antique shop on a recent trip to Palm Spring, CA.  I bought my ceramic bunny last year. I felt his sweet face and pink gingham tie was just what my table needed as part of this Spring table!  He is flanked by some glass taper holders I found in Ventura, CA. When we go there I love to go to this shop whose proceeds go the Animal Rescue in the area. I ALWAYS make a purchase there for such a good cause. The salt and pepper shakers next to the bunny are Butterfly Meadow accent pieces.




As accents on my table, I added the creamer and sugar set that is part of my Butterfly Meadow collection, a glass bowl that was gifted to me by my Aunt, and a new glass divided platter that I had also found in Palm Springs. I plan to use it for a relish tray at family dinners.




I so enjoyed putting this tablescape together. It provided a diversion for me, and a sense that although our lives are disrupted right now,  we do have some control over our surroundings.  Please take care of yourselves and look forward to the near future when these days will just be in a history book somewhere. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.




I will be joining Susan at www.betweennapsontheporch.net for Tablescape Thursday. Please go to her site and enjoy all the tables!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you didn’t give up on tablescaping! Love the jadeite chargers and the Butterfield Meadow dishes look perfect on top. Cute bunny in the middle! Stay healthy and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie, it's so good to see a post from you! I've not been very active on my blog either but you are so right, it's good to do familiar things to stay calm. Your Easter table is so pretty. The colors are perfect for the season, especially the linens and those gorgeous chargers! I think I have the same pressed glass bowl. I mom used it for her carrot salad every Easter. I'm praying we all stay healthy through this awful time. It won't last forever Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rosie, I was so happy to see a post from you! I am so grateful at least blogging has stayed the same, when I started blogging in 2012, it was to push me to be creative, and now today it is truly a wonderful distraction and way to communicate! I love your pretty Spring things, and the pink ribbon bunny is adorable!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete