Thursday, October 8, 2020

Happy Halloween Finds!


 I had such an unexpected surprise yesterday as I was digging through my tablescaping closet looking for components for my Halloween tablescape! I reached for my Halloween candy bowl to use as the focal point for my centerpiece ,when I found 5 new Halloween dishes tucked away inside my bowl. Then I remembered, that just after Halloween last year, I had gone to SteinMart (one of my favorite stores for finding dish treasures, that now, sadly has closed!) and found a cute set of Halloween appetizer plates. I was so excited to find them that I immediately got to work producing my Halloween table!


Here is my table for Halloween:




I started my table using my favorite tablecloth that has graced many a Halloween dinner table!



My place setting starts with a favorite charger of mine. It is an open scrollwork pattern. I bought it at Maryland China Co., and I have always liked the way it highlights a place setting. I'm sorry the photo is so blurry!


Next on the stack comes an orange stoneware dinner plate that I purchased at RiteAid pharmacy when I first started my blog! A very unique place to find such nice stoneware, indeed!


The next component is an accent plate I found at Macy's. It is marked "Martha Stewart Collection". I've used it many times for Halloween because it reminds my of the intricate picture frames and mirrors that are used at Disneyland in the Haunted House exhibit!



I topped my dish stack with the appetizer plates that I recently discovered hidden away. There are 4 of them, and one says, "Just Brew It"!


Another says, "Bone Appetit"!



Another says,"Witch Please"



And the last one says, "Creep It Real"!


My napkin consisted of a block print orange and white napkin that I found at Pier 1 (another victim of poor sales during the pandemic!๐Ÿ˜ž). It is nestled in one of my gray sheer napkins. I was going for a "spider web" look. I chose the eating utensil napkin ring because the burnished metal looked like silverware one might find in an old mansion (maybe haunted!)


I chose my orange-handled flatware to bring out the orange stripes in my tablecloth as well as the other orange elements I've used.


(I'm not sure how this extra photo got here, and I can't seem to delete it! Haunts are at work, maybe?)

                                                                             ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

I completed my place setting with my VERY special Halloween glasses. These glasses were created by Jenna who is the creator of the blog "The Painted Apron". She had a raffle one time, and my name was chosen. I've never won a raffle before, and I was absolutely delighted to win these hand-painted glasses! They grace my dinner table every year at Halloween. Stop by her wonderful blog some time. You won't be disappointed! 



My centerpiece consists of my traditional candy bowl that I use for Halloween candy distribution. I then placed some of my gray sheer napkins to give my Halloween witch a comfortable seat and then placed my often-used friendly witch on top! I love her happy expression!  I flanked my bowl with a set of candleholders that are shaped like a witch's hat. They are decorated with just the right amount of sparkle and fit a votive candle perfectly.




I added two accent plates to my table. I found them at HomeGoods many years ago, and they grace my plate rack every Halloween!




I had fun creating this Halloween Table! Halloween will look very different this year; I'm not even sure I'll have trick-or-treaters, but I'll leave candy outside anyway. I'm glad my table will at least reflect that a new season has begun!

Have a wonderful Halloween, whatever form your celebration takes!




I'll be joining Susan at www.betweennapsontheporch.net for her Tablescape Thursday.  Be sure and take a look at all the tables that make up this fun party!

8 comments:

  1. hi Rosie! I am so glad you are still enjoying your witch glasses! What a lovely surprise finding your new appetizer plates!! They are too cute! I love love the black plates with mirror frames, they are perfect for Halloween! And you napkins are wonderful and I love the way you suggested the silverware on the napkin rings could be from a haunted house! Festive Fun and Fabulous, you have inspired me to get my Halloween stuff out!! Thanks so much for the lovely shout out too ๐Ÿ’•
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Halloween table. I love your tablecloth, the perfect anchor for everything else. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely and playful Rosie! I'd love to come for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely and playful Rosie! I'd love to come for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative! Love the Halloween dishes and such. Glad you enjoyed this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun table! I particularly love the tablecloth and the little appetizer plates are so cute. Very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling, Rosie! Such cute quotes on those plates. I hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete