Saturday, March 16, 2019

Shades of Green

Happy St. Patty's Day!  I love the hobby of tablescaping, and I have a closet full of dishes and accessories in my den/office that reflect my love of the hobby and all things porcelain, china, pottery, crystal and glass.  To celebrate March 17th, I decided to use components of all different shades of green so that some pieces I haven't used before (or, in a very long time), could be showcased.

Here's How The Table Came Out:




Here's How The Table Was Created:

I started with a square woven- weave placemat that I found at HomeGoods. I love its shamrock green color.



I anchored my plate stack with a jade-colored charger I found while antiquing in Ojai, CA.  I'm not sure what material they are made from. Could it be jadeite or would that be prohibitive for use in dinnerware? I absolutely LOVE this charger, and wish that I had an opportunity to use it more frequently. I've become more casual in my dinner table habits since retirement, and rarely use full dish stacks, except at holidays when the family comes over.



I decided to separate layers with shamrock-printed towels from Dollar Tree. They're large to use as napkins, but a hearty meal of corned beef and cabbage can sometimes get messy!



Next came my loyal white Metaceramica  Portuguese plates found at HomeGoods.



There are no ID markings on these kelly green glass plates I also found at HomeGoods. I love the texture on them. (BTW,  all the spots on the plate are from my flash: they were just washed and dried!)





To top off the stack I chose some of my favorite canape plates. They are from Mikasa, and labeled Antique Countryside Pear. I found these on a sale table at Macy's. I love the scrollwork on the border, the scalloped shape , and sweet picture on the plate.  The green on the picture is more chartreuse than kelly, but it's my favorite shade of green.



To complete my place setting I chose green flatware that I found at CVS pharmacy, and some cute shamrock-patterned glasses I found at Shinoda Design Center.




 For my centerpiece I chose some other green items I found. I used shamrock-shaped felt placemats from the Dollar Tree to start; then I anchored it with my pottery vase (note the shades of green in its design), filled it with white faux flowers, then flanked it with crystal candleholders and soft green candles. A St. Patty's spray and some favorite glass frogs from my hubby's frog collection complete the centerpiece that I wrapped in St. Patty's wire wrap.





The final addition to my table was my green salt and pepper set. This adorable "pea pod" set was a gift to me from my stepdaughter, and it always puts a smile on my face when I use it!


I'm singing in a Choral Concert on Sunday, so I won't be cooking on St. Patrick's Day, but it was fun to imagine what the table would look like if we were celebrating!  Enjoy your St. Patrick's Day!!


I'll be linking up to Christine's Dishing It! and Digging It! party at www.rustic-refined.com.  Please go over and enjoy the party!

I love to read your comments, and I appreciate your thoughts!


















No comments:

Post a Comment