Thursday, October 11, 2018

Antique Find for Fall

When we take out our motorhome, we try to find the local antique stores that are available near our campground. Not too long ago when we were visiting Bishop, CA, we found some fun antiquing possibilities. Today, I created a tablescape that shows off the dishes I found on this past trip.

Here's the Table I Created:






Here's How I Created it:

I started with a tablecloth that has graced a few of my Thanksgiving Dinners:



The place setting started with a brown basketweave charger I have used quite often with my Friendly Village, Johnson Bros. plates:



The next layer consists of my ever faithful yellow Metaceramica dinner plates from HomeGoods.




The top layer showcases the new salad plates that I found while antiquing. I love the fall colors it presents and the many happy flowers dancing across the plates. I also have a soft spot in my heart for scalloped borders on plates! The plates are labeled Copeland Spode, Great Britain, Gainsborough.



I used gold-plated flatware on loan from my cousin, Karen in the place setting. I felt it coordinated well with the yellow color I wanted to accent.  The wheat-colored napkins bordered in burgundy velvet are from Pier One and their color, along with the burgundy and yellow napkin rings mirror the colors found on the plates. I realized after I finished photographing my table that I had forgotten glasses for this post!! Try to imagine my Thanksgiving goblets rimmed in brown leaf borders around the top!





My centerpiece is from Hobby Lobby and picks up the gold color I was highlighting in my place setting. It's a more formal look than I usually go for in a fall table, but I like how it looks with the tablecloth and dish stack.



For accent pieces on the table, I've added a new 3-tiered server that I just purchased in my Johnson Bros. Friendly Village pattern. I also added 2 votive candleholders that I filled with "fall filler".





I'm glad the weather out here is starting to cool down a bit, so that it really does feel like fall at night. I'll be linking up to Susan at www.betweennapsontheporch.net for her Tablescape Thursday and on Sunday, I'll be linking up to www.rustic-refined.com for Christine's Dishing It! and Digging It!
Be sure and stop by these great link parties and enjoy all the creativity!!





I read all your comments, and really appreciate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment