Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving Revisited

Not a long post today. I just wanted to share my Thanksgiving table with you to especially highlight a centerpiece that was sent to me by my very special niece and nephew.

We had a small gathering this year. Most of the family was at their respective in-laws' homes (we alternate every year).  So that just left Hubby and me, my cousin, and my daughter, son-in-law, and 17-month old granddaughter.

I decided to bring in dinner from Marie Callendar's. I've got to tell you, it was delicious. The only problem was that re-heating all the components (microwaving was recommended) took up those precious minutes before serving and it was rather confusing getting everything on the table at the same time!

Here are a couple of pictures to show you the table and the beautiful flowers I received:





I hope your Thanksgiving was joyous and delicious! Now, it's onward and upward as we enter the fray of the Christmas holidays!!

I'll be linking up to Christine's Table It! at www.rustic-refined.com  and Susan's Tablescape Thursday at www.betweennapsontheporch.net. Be sure and check out these blogs that have some wonderful things going on, especially during this season!

9 comments:

  1. Rosie, Your table is lovely. Perfect for a small family Thanksgiving. Marie Callendar's has a wonderful line of food items that we enjoy immensely. I am sure everyone enjoyed their holiday and most of all enjoyed being there with you.

    You used the same china pattern that we used for the Thanksgiving table. I did take pictures to post this week. It has been nearly four moths since I posted a tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie, thanks for visiting me! You are a "no reply " blogger but I found your blog. Yeah! There is a way to fix the no reply, but I am not techie enough to tell you how. Ha! Google it. I am also a retired high school teacher...French and English. I will be back! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new centerpiece worked perfectly into your tablescape! I'm so glad you're feeling better and were able to host this gathering! We host hubby's side today. Wish me luck!! Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosie, the centerpiece is gorgeous and so perfect for Thanksgiving! I am so thrilled that you are feeling better! Blessings, Pam @ everydayliving.me

    ReplyDelete
  5. How special to receive such a gorgeous centerpiece! Our Thanksgiving was small too, but it was kind of nice not to have a mass of mouths to feed. You are so smart to order your dinner, much easier!! Glad you had a lovely time!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tables Rosie they are always so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No matter the size of the gathering Thanksgiving is always special, yours made more so by an unexpected gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely, inviting table! Your centerpiece is gorgeous and perfect for the setting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You table is lovely. We have done Marie Callender's as well. We quite enjoyed it and had more time to spend playing games and having fun! Your centerpiece is very lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete